FAQs or “Frequently Asked Questions” need answers when you are navigating through the Canadian criminal justice system. It can be a confusing process.
Below is basic information for those who wish to learn more about criminal law, criminal procedure and the practice of criminal law. The articles are meant to be informational only and do not constitute legal advice.
Do you need to sit down with an experienced Toronto criminal lawyer? Call Mr. Luft at 416-433-2402 for a free initial consultation.
Mr. Luft represents people charged in areas such as:
- Assault: Assault Causing Bodily Harm, Assault with a Weapon, Aggravated Assault, Assaulting a Police Officer
- Bail Hearings: Bail Hearing, Bail Review, Bail Variation
- Property Related Offences: Robbery, Theft, Shoplifting, Mischief to Property
- Drug Offences: Trafficking, Possession of Cocaine, Marijuana, Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking;
- Administration of Justice related offences:Failing to Comply with a Recognizance; Failing to Attend Court; Obstructing a Police Officer
- Gun-Related Offences: Possession of Firearm, Discharging a Firearm
- Weapon Related Offences: Possession of Prohibited Weapon; Possession of Concealed Weapon; Possession of Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to the Public Peace;
- Conspiracy and Criminal Organization Offences
- Sexual Assault: Invitation to Sexual Touching
- Uttering Threats
- Criminal Harassment
- Fraud Related Offences: Fraud Under $5000; Fraud Over $5000
- Drinking and Driving Offences: Over “80”, Impaired, Failing to Provide a Sample
- Murder and Attempted Murder
*CONSTITUTION ACT, 1982 – CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS